Introduction to creative coding with vvvv gamma
Get started with creative coding using the new all-new visual programming environment vvvv gamma. In this webinar we're starting from scratch!
You’ll learn the fundamentals of building little interactive programs. Afterwards you’ll be able to follow further workshops or take the next steps on your own, continuing with online learning resources.
You can find all infos on vvvv gamma on http://visualprogramming.net
Who is it for?
- The ones afraid of coding, who want to try visual programming instead
- The lazy ones who want to get their things done more efficiently
- The curious, who are interested in adding a new tool to their toolbox
- Those familliar with vvvv beta who want to move to vvvv gamma
In this webinar you will learn how to:
- Find help using the Help Browser
- Tweak parameters in existing demo patches
- Build little interactive programs from scratch
- Use loops as a fundamental building block for programs
- Windows PC
- 3 button mouse
- Download and install the latest release of vvvv gamma from https://visualprogramming.net
- No prior knowledge of vvvv needed
For a successful webinar please prepare the following
- Connect to the webinar with a Windows machine
- Have a 3 button mouse connected
- Please download and install the latest release of vvvv gamma from http://visualprogramming.net
- If you can: Connect a second screen. Put the presenters screen left and patch your vvvv patches on the right. Or vice versa.
- Clean desktop from private stuff. You might be sharing your screen with the others.
You will receive a link to the Webinar before the event starts.
The webinar runs from 18:00 am to 21:00 CET
We take a maximum of 15 participants.
The webinar will happen if we have 5 or more participants.
The webinar language is english.
Joreg is co-founder of vvvv.org and core-developer of the multipurpose toolkit vvvv and the general purpose visual programming language VL. Besides he teaches, works for money under the label checksum5.com and is otherwise concerned with the integration of sound, image and computer code.
For NODE he co-curates the educational program focusing on vvvv and vl workshops, bringing together users who want to share their expertise with those eager to learn.
What the vvvv?
vvvv gamma is a visual-first live programming environment for the .NET ecosystem. Its language VL combines metaphors known from dataflow, functional and object oriented programming. There is no need to write any code, unless you really want to. If you want, you can also write C# code for it and use any .NET library with it! To give you an idea of the areas vvvv can be helpful in, here is a list of buzz words vvvv is often associated with:
- Generative Design
- Interaction Design
- Data Visualization
- Computer Vision
- Rapid Prototyping
- Physical Computing
- Projection Mapping
- Show Control
Besides staying true to its nature of being a an easy to use and quick prototyping environment, vvvv gammas programming language VL comes with modern features, combining concepts of dataflow and object oriented programming:
- Define your own datatypes (Classes and Records)
- Composed Datatypes (Spread of Spread,..)
- No more binsizes needed!1!!
- Loops to iterate within one frame
- Reactive programming
- Async data processing (multi-threading)
- Easy caching of expensive operations
More information on vvvv gamma: http://visualprogramming.net