Introduction to Object Oriented Patching
You're familiar with the basics of vvvv gamma but now want to dive deeper?
In this webinar we're introducing you to the concepts of object oriented programming.
VL offers many features to be explored that will help you to create more complex and stable programs.
Visualprogramming is often equivalent to dataflow programming. With VL though, you can also use metaphors known from object oriented programming. This means that with VL you can define your own datatypes, instantiate them, manage them in collections and call individual operations on instances. Being able to use those fundamental principles of OOP will change the way you think about patching.
What the vvvv?
vvvv gamma is a visual-first live programming environment for the .NET ecosystem. Its language VL combines metaphors known from dataflow, functional and object oriented programming. There is no need to write any code, unless you really want to. If you want, you can also write C# code for it and use any .NET library with it! To give you an idea of the areas vvvv can be helpful in, here is a list of buzz words vvvv is often associated with:
- Generative Design
- Interaction Design
- Data Visualization
- Computer Vision
- Rapid Prototyping
- Physical Computing
- Projection Mapping
- Show Control
Besides staying true to its nature of being a an easy to use and quick prototyping environment, vvvv gammas programming language VL comes with modern features, combining concepts of dataflow and object oriented programming:
- Define your own datatypes (Classes and Records)
- Composed Datatypes (Spread of Spread,..)
- No more binsizes needed!1!!
- Loops to iterate within one frame
- Reactive programming
- Async data processing (multi-threading)
- Easy caching of expensive operations
More information on vvvv gamma: http://visualprogramming.net
You will learn how to:
- Think about data and datatypes
- Define custom datatypes
- Create, manage and kill instances of a datatype at runtime
- Call operations on instances
For a successful webinar please prepare the following
- Connect to the webinar with a Windows machine
- Have a 3 button mouse connected
- Please download and install the latest release of vvvv gamma from https://visualprogramming.net
- If you can: Connect a second screen. Put the presenters screen left and patch your vvvv patches on the right. Or vice versa.
- Clean desktop from private stuff. You might be sharing your screen with the others.
You will receive a link to the Webinar before the event starts.
The webinar runs from 18:00 am to 21:00 CET
We take a maximum of 10 participants.
The webinar will happen if we have 5 or more participants.
The webinar language is english.
- 40€ for individuals
- 80€ if payed by a company
- 160€ if payed by a larger corporation
- Have a good reason to visit this course for free? Get in touch!
Joreg is co-founder of vvvv.org and core-developer of the multipurpose toolkit vvvv and the general purpose visual programming language VL. Besides he teaches, works for money under the label checksum5.com and is otherwise concerned with the integration of sound, image and computer code.
For NODE he co-curates the educational program focusing on vvvv and vl workshops, bringing together users who want to share their expertise with those eager to learn.