Introduction to reactive patching with vvvv gamma
In this webinar, we're introducing you to the basic concepts of visual reactive programming with vvvv gamma.
You’re familiar with the basics of vvvv gamma but want to understand more? VL offers features that will help you to create more complex and performant programs. In this webinar, we’re introducing you to the basic concepts of reactive programming.
You can find all infos on vvvv gamma and VL on http://visualprogramming.net
In this webinar you will learn how to:
For a successful webinar please prepare the following
- Connect to the webinar with a Windows machine
- Have a 3 button mouse connected
- Please download and install the latest release of vvvv gamma from http://visualprogramming.net
- If you can: Connect a second screen. Put the presenters screen left and patch your vvvv patches on the right. Or vice versa.
- Clean desktop from private stuff. You might be sharing your screen with the others.
You will receive a link to the Webinar before the event starts.
The webinar runs from 18:00 am to 21:00 CET
We take a maximum of 15 participants.
The webinar will happen if we have 5 or more participants.
The webinar language is english.
Have a good reason to visit this course for free? Get in touch!
Artist, Creative Coder, Designer, Developer, Educator, Media Designer, Researcher, Software Developer, Technologist
Tebjan Halm has studied mathematics and computer science and is closely related to the vvvv group as a core developer since 2004.
He also does contract work as software consultant and developer of media projects for several agencies in europe.
What the vvvv?
vvvv gamma is a visual-first live programming environment for the .NET ecosystem. Its language VL combines metaphors known from dataflow, functional and object oriented programming. There is no need to write any code, unless you really want to. If you want, you can also write C# code for it and use any .NET library with it! To give you an idea of the areas vvvv can be helpful in, here is a list of buzz words vvvv is often associated with:
- Generative Design
- Interaction Design
- Data Visualization
- Computer Vision
- Rapid Prototyping
- Physical Computing
- Projection Mapping
- Show Control
Besides staying true to its nature of being a an easy to use and quick prototyping environment, vvvv gammas programming language VL comes with modern features, combining concepts of dataflow and object oriented programming:
- Define your own datatypes (Classes and Records)
- Composed Datatypes (Spread of Spread,..)
- No more binsizes needed!1!!
- Loops to iterate within one frame
- Reactive programming
- Async data processing (multi-threading)
- Easy caching of expensive operations
More information on vvvv gamma: http://visualprogramming.net