Visual Programming for Coders
You are familiar with words like class, method, interface and generics? You always wanted to change the software you made while it is running?
Great! This webinar is for you! Learn directly from the people behind vvvv: Tebjan Halm (vvvv developer) and Elias Holzer (vvvv developer).
Learn how to translate your knowledge about object oriented programming into the visual paradigms VL, a new visual programming language which combines metaphors known from dataflow, functional and object oriented programming.
You will also learn whats happening behind the scenes when you patch with VL.
Programming is fun, but it sometimes becomes tedious when you have to rebuild your whole application just because you found a careless mistake in your code or want to change some constants. vvvv is a visual live programming environment that allows you to build and change .NET applications in real-time while they are running, thanks to incremental compilation and state hot-reload. Oh, and we are serious about this – everything is statically typed.
What the vvvv?
vvvv gamma is a visual-first live programming environment for the .NET ecosystem. Its language VL combines metaphors known from dataflow, functional and object oriented programming – but all visual. There is no need to write any code, unless you really want to. And you can use any .NET library with it! To give you an idea of the areas vvvv can be helpful in, here is a list of buzz words vvvv is often associated with:
- Generative Design
- Interaction Design
- Data Visualization
- Computer Vision
- Rapid Prototyping
- Physical Computing
- Projection Mapping
- Show Control
Besides staying true to its nature of being a an easy to use and quick prototyping environment, vvvv gamma’s programming language VL comes with modern features:
- Define your own datatypes (Classes and Records)
- Composed Datatypes (Spread of Spread,..)
- Loops to iterate within one frame
- Reactive programming
- Async data processing (multi-threading)
- Easy caching of expensive operations
More information on vvvv gamma: http://visualprogramming.net
You will learn how to:
- Translate your knowledge about object oriented programming into the visual paradigms of VL
- Convert textual code into visual code
- Use generics
- No prior knowledge of vvvv needed
- You should be familiar with words like class, method, interface and generics and have a basic understanding of programming.
- Connect to the webinar with a Windows machine
- Have a 3 button mouse connected
- Please download and install the latest release of vvvv gamma from https://visualprogramming.net
- Also have Visual Studio 2019 already installed as this takes a while
- If you can: Connect a second screen. Put the presenters screen left and patch your vvvv patches on the right. Or vice versa.
- Clean desktop from private stuff. You might be sharing your screen with the others.
- 40€ for individuals
- 80€ if payed by a company
- 160€ if payed by a larger corporation
- Have a good reason to visit this course for free? Get in touch!
For a successful webinar please prepare the following
You will receive a link to the Webinar before the event starts.
The webinar runs from 18:00 am to 21:00 CET
For each of the webinars we take a maximum of 10 participants.
The webinar will happen if we have 5 or more participants.
The webinar language is english.
Artist, Creative Coder, Designer, Developer, Educator, Media Designer, Researcher, Software Developer, Technologist
Tebjan Halm has studied mathematics and computer science and is closely related to the vvvv group as a core developer since 2004.
He also does contract work as software consultant and developer of media projects for several agencies in europe.
Creative Coder, Designer, Developer, Educator, Researcher, Software Developer, Technologist
Elias is on of the core-developers on vvvv.
Starting of as an intern he began working for the vvvv group as a programmer in 2008.