NODE is run by a team of mostly voluntary and freelance creative coders, researchers, cultural producers, educators and social workers. We are looking for a person that is interested in joining our non-profit organization and team on a regular basis as a creative producer on a freelance but committed basis. As part of a new event format we are looking for a creative producer.
Jobs: Creative Producer – CLOSED
We are looking for a new colleague and creative producer (d/w/m) joining our team on a freelance basis.
→ What is your role?
As a creative producer you will be part of our projects as a lead project manager and creative mind. You are invited to join the conceptual process in the fundraising phase or initiate projects and fundraising processes for your own project ideas.
Your tasks may include (but can be negotiated depending on the project and team) for example:
- Fundraising & concept creation
- Process planning & time schedules
- Coordination / Communication Speakers & Artists
- Team coordination
- Preparation of contracts
- Material purchases
- Location Management
- Contribution to technical planning
- Contribution to budget controlling
- Contribution to public relations management
→ What do we expect from you?
- you are registered as a freelance worker and able to write invoices
- you are a dedicated and caring team player
- you bring a certain willingness to engage in the overall conceptual process and development of NODE as a team and organization
- enjoyment of and initial experience working in the fields of art, design or creative coding
- enthusiasm for collaborative creative and critical thinking
- a strong interest in media and net cultural issues as well as in the complex of technology, society, culture and cultural education
- the motivation to contribute own skills, ideas and questions
- openness for remote teamwork as well as joining projects, meetings, events locally in Frankfurt am Main
- commitment to teamwork and engagement
It is important to us that you are a caring and open-minded person willing to negotiate the interests of different involved stakeholders, that you are sensitive and critical of yourself, your fellow human beings and the world.
→ What you can expect from us:
- close cooperation in a non-hierarchical team
- a claim of discrimination-sensitivity with simultaneous openness to mistakes
- insight into cultural and youth work
- practical experience in the field of critical technology and art education
- collaboration with exciting media artists, creative coders, educators and critical makers
- plenty of room and appreciation for personal initiative, creativity and suggestions
- a great network of people, initiatives and institutions
→ What is NODE?
NODE is a non-profit organization working in the field of creative coding, digital arts and design, an international platform for the critical reflection of technology and society and network in Frankfurt am Main and in Hesse.
Since 2008, NODE has been developing educational formats, organizing international artist exchange programs, conferences and commissioning cross-disciplinary artistic projects. NODE started as an analog gathering of an internationally distributed community of creative coders and developers of the visual programming language vvvv, turning into an organization for more holistic political, cultural, artistic, informatic and digital media discourses and education. NODE runs a festival for digital arts and creative technologies called NODE Forum for Digital Arts. The 6th edition of the Frankfurt festival was dedicated to the ecological dimension of new technologies and their use in art, the creative industries and design. The festival invites an international audience of professionals, artists and coders as well as an intergenerational general audience to critically examine their use of technologies, their professional practice and question the status quo of their industries.
NODE is also a recognized voluntary youth welfare organization in Hesse. Together with international media artists, we develop workshop and other project formats for young people that invite them to critically and creatively take apart or reinvent technologies. We organize the youth media art festival Digitale Welten and Jugend hackt Frankfurt, as well as various other projects for young people. We also develop educational programs for professionals in out-of-school youth work in Hesse.
→ How can you apply?
Send us an email with a letter of motivation, CV and a list of previous experiences in creative production. Apply until latest: October 6th, 2023
Contact person: Jeanne Charlotte Vogt (she/her) firstname.lastname@example.org or Alexander Roidl (he/him) email@example.com . If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch as well! Apply here:
Jeanne Charlotte Vogt
Artistic Director, Festival Director, Team Digitale Welten
Art Education, Awareness, Jugend hackt, Team Digitale Welten
Art Education, Curator, Jugend hackt, Project Management, Team Digitale Welten