Jobs: Become an operator in the project Unboxing Past by Rimini Protokoll
Call for operators (w/m/d)
We are currently looking for helpers (operators) for Unboxing Past, an artistic project by Rimini Protokoll in collaboration with METAhub Frankfurt / Künstlerhaus Mousonturm. For this we need technical support for the realization of individual Zoom meetings. The conversations do not require moderation. Payment is per student assistant or work contract and 30 € / talk. German or English language skills and reliable internet connection are required.
What is the project about?
The starting point of the project are 105 archive boxes in the depot of the Archäologisches Museum Frankfurt labelled “Synagoge”.
They contain stones, tiles, shards, utensils and everyday objects, as well as and everyday objects, as well as parts of the Torah shrine of the synagogue that was destroyed during the November pogroms of 1938. The stones were excavated in 1987 and 1990. Unboxing Past accompanies the opening of the archive boxes and the related work processes of the archaeologists’ work and invites people to engage with the artifacts.
What will happen during the Zoom calls?
Unboxing Past invites participants to personally engage with the topic of remembering and commemoration. Three people come together for two hours at a time and exchange ideas in one of the 105 small groups about what and how they remember and what this means for the findings of the Börneplatz Synagogue.
- Attend at least 10 Zoom meetings.
- You do not have to moderate the content of the meeting.
- Recording of the meeting by means of Zoom.
- Short follow-up of the Zoom recording.
You need to bring
- German or English language skills and reliable internet connection.
Beforehand, we will show you the exact procedure in an extra session and explain how everything works.
Before the meeting:
- Appointments will be made for the calls you will attend.
On meeting day:
- Be available via email for technical emergencies.
- Log in to Zoom with the operator account.
- Read the introductory text.
- Accompany the conversation in the background.
After the Zoom meeting:
- Post-process recording in Motion Bank online system.
Write an Email to email@example.com until March 15th!