→ What are your tasks?
As a workshop facilitator, you will support the artist or the team of artists in the implementation of the workshop: You help plan the workshop, assist in organizing the workshop materials and space during the workshop. You are available for joint reflection on the workshop and contribute your own ideas and skills (art, social or media pedagogical) as well as your organizational talent. You step in when things need to be organized or arranged at short notice. Above all, however, you are a contact person for the young people in the implementation of their projects and help, for example, if someone needs support with one of the tasks.
The workshops will take place over three days (October 19 – 21) or four days (October 18 – 21) from 10 am – 4 pm in a youth center in Frankfurt. In preparation, there will be an online meeting where you can meet the artist and the Digitale Welten team and discuss the workshop.
→ What should you bring with you?
- a strong interest in collaborative, creative and critical thinking, researching and communicating
- a strong interest in media and net cultural issues as well as in the complex of technology, society, culture and cultural education
- the motivation to contribute your own skills, ideas and questions
- Commitment to teamwork and engagement
- Enjoyment of and ideally initial experience in working with young people.
→ What can you expect?
- practical insights into the field of critical technology and art education
- close collaboration with media artists* and other experts from practice and theory, culture and technology, youth work and education
- an appropriate expense allowance
→ What is Digitale Welten?
Digitale Welten is a network for political, cultural and artistic, informatic and digital media education in Frankfurt am Main and Hessen and the youth program of NODE Verein zur Förderung Digitaler Kultur e.V. Together with exciting international media artists, we develop workshop and other project formats for young people that invite them to critically and creatively take apart or reinvent technologies.
We organize the youth media art festival Digitale Welten and Jugend hackt Frankfurt, as well as various other offerings for young people. We also develop offers for professionals in out-of-school youth work in Hesse.
NODE is a non-profit association and a recognized voluntary youth welfare organization in Hesse.
Sounds good? Great, send us an email with a few sentences about your motivation and info about yourself until 9/19/2021. Contact person: Anna Meik (she/you). If you have any questions, feel free to contact us as well!