Under the motto C0DES & FRI3NDS, young people between the ages of 10 and 18 are invited to take part in four art and programming workshops dealing with friendship, technology and artificial intelligence.
Instructed by international artists Janne Nora Kummer, Sarah Fartuun Heinze, Naoto Hieda, Stine Marie Jacobsen and Joni Barnard, the participants will develop exciting projects to explore our digital-analog world in a creative and critical way.
Digitale Welten is all about trying things out and thinking critically about our digital society! Whether with code or with scissors and paper, screwdriver or clipboard. The focus is on exploring social issues through art and technology.
→ What are your tasks?
As a workshop assistant, you will support an artist in the preparation and implementation of their workshop: You will get to know the artists and the Digitale Welten team in an online kick-off meeting. Then, you will assist in workshop planning, organizing workshop materials, and setting up the space. During the workshop, you will be a point of contact for the participants and assist them in realizing their projects or providing support when needed. You will contribute your own ideas and skills (in art, social or media education) as well as your organizational talent. You will step in when last-minute items need to be procured or organized. After the workshop, you will be available for joint reflection on the workshop and assist in preparing the workshop’s “results” for the Digitale Welten exhibition.
The workshops will take place from October 23 to 25, from 11 am to 4 pm, in Frankfurt am Main. The setup will take place approximately 1-2 hours before the start of each workshop. The exact location will be announced soon. Immediately following the workshops, together with the artists, we will develop the exhibition, which will open on October 27 at the TOR Art Space. At the opening, you will be welcoming the participants from your workshop.
→ What should you bring?
- A strong interest in collaborative, creative, and critical thinking, researching, and
- A strong interest in media and internet culture as well as the complex interplay of technology, society, culture, and cultural education
- The motivation to contribute your own skills, ideas, and questions
- Commitment to teamwork and engagement
- Enjoyment and ideally some experience in working with young people
- An extended police clearance certificate: If you don’t already have one, we will provide you
with a document for fee exemption, which you can use to apply for one
→ What can you expect?
- Practical insights into the field of critical technology and art education
- Close collaboration with media artists and other experts from practice and theory, culture
and technology, youth work, and education
- An opportunity to volunteer and gain positive experiences in working with young people
- An excellent atmosphere and the participants’ smiling faces
- A compensation of 500 euros as tax-free “Übungsleitungshonorar” and possibly additional honorarium for exhibition assistance
- Reimbursement of travel expenses and meals
→ What is Digitale Welten?
Digitale Welten is a network for political, cultural and artistic, informatic and digital media education in Frankfurt am Main and Hessen and the youth program of NODE Verein zur Förderung Digitaler Kultur e.V. Together with exciting international media artists, we develop workshop and other project formats for young people that invite them to critically and creatively take apart or reinvent technologies.
We organize the youth media art festival Digitale Welten and Jugend hackt Frankfurt, as well as various other offerings for young people. We also develop offers for professionals in out-of-school youth work in Hesse.
NODE is a non-profit association and a recognized voluntary youth welfare organization in Hesse.
→ Apply now!
Interested in this opportunity? Great! Send us an email by June 30, 2023, with a few sentences about your motivation and information about yourself. Contact person: Elena Schweikert (she/her). You can write in German or English. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!
Jugend hackt, Social Media, Team Digitale Welten
Art Education, Curator, Jugend hackt, Project Management, Team Digitale Welten
Jeanne Charlotte Vogt
Artistic Director, Festival Director, Team Digitale Welten
Art Education, Awareness, Jugend hackt, Team Digitale Welten
Jugend hackt, Team Digitale Welten
Jugend hackt, Project Management, Team Digitale Welten, Technical Director
Jugend hackt, Team Digitale Welten
Curatorial Advisor, Partner
Team Digitale Welten